With the recent development of acquiring Sourdough discard recently, Sourdough waffles came up as a use case. Originally I found a recipe that had to utilize an overnight sponge, but I didn’t have time for that. I’ve been using the following recipe from Serious Eats and it works out really well and it’s super easy to throw together in a couple of minutes. Great use for the discard and the waffles taste so great.
Super easy to throw together in a couple of minutes. Great use for the sourdough discard and the waffles taste so great
- 5 ounces All Purpose Flour 1 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 8 ounces Sourdough Starter Fed or Discard
- 3 tablespoons Butter melted
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- In separate medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk until combined.
- Add sourdough starter and whisk until completely blended.
- Add flour mixture and butter and stir until combined. Depending on thickness of starter, you might need to adjust batter. It should be the consistency similar to pancake batter. Add flour or milk as needed to reach that consistency.
- Cook in waffle iron